Monday, February 5, 2024

The CUBAN movie

 

1 Peter 5:5

King James Version

5 Likewise, ye younger, 

submit yourselves unto the elder. 

Yea, all of you be subject one to another, 

and be clothed with humility: 

for God resisteth the proud, 

and giveth grace to the humble.


How shall the young treat older people?

Whether at home, at work, or in public?

I'm grateful to my parents for teaching me well.

To respect older people, starting with themselves.

My father taught me to accompany my grandmother.

To walk alongside her, as she walked.

To be there, as she and her daughter, would go to church.

Or just be there, in case she'd need me.

He also taught me to make "mano".

Wherein we put their hand against our forehead, as a sign of respect.

That's how we greeted older folks in the Philippines.


Such were the traditions my father taught me.

I had no idea such instructions were Christian-like.

True, we were Catholic.

When GOD made me born again, I began to understand more.

What I was trained to do, became a delight to do.

Now, it has more depth, and meaning.


We will all grow older.

You may be young now, but you'll get there, too.

It's a delight to know there are still many wonderful kids in the world.

The kind who makes way for the elderly.

Or talks to them with respect.

Offering aid, if needed.


Yesterday, I got to watch a movie, "The Cuban".

Where most movies are laced with violence, this one was refreshing.

A young lady shows love and care for an elderly patient at a nursing home.

He suffers from dementia.

She discovers he was a famous musician, at one point.

Through love, and patience, she and her friend encourage him to look into music again.

Bringing back memories of old, of the life he once lived.


She never gave up on him.

Even if the home treated him as a dying man.

She wanted him to live.

As she wanted life for herself.

As well as freedom, to make choices.

Don't we all desire that for ourselves?

Whether we be young, or old?


They both shared a love for music.

She was the perfect caregiver for him.

She saw him as a person, who still has much to give.

You will enjoy this movie.

Here's the trailer.

A similar movie you will enjoy can be found here.

I celebrate the beauty and spirit of the young.

You have much to give.

May you always be CHRIST-filled!

From which, the next post tells us more.

About the GIFTS you bring.


Related material:

A REFRESHING film

Movies


Image: IMDb


GIFTS young people can BRING

  1 Timothy 4:12 King James Version 12 Let no man despise thy youth;  but be thou an example of the believers,  in word, in conversation, in...